Cyber Insurance is a vital piece of your Business Insurance Package. Did you know that almost half of hacking and malware attacks target small to medium-size businesses? Ransomware, which freezes entire computer networks until a ransom is paid, is the biggest threat, increasing 15-fold in the past two years. Do you have Cyber Insurance?
With that in mind, here are the five most important things you can do to protect your computers and the data on them.
- Back up your system at least weekly and your data every day. Store your back-ups offsite.
- Use commercial grade security software and keep it up to date. Keep all other software up to date too.
- Limit who has access to your computers and network and don’t plug in external drives unless they’ve been checked.
- Restrict others’ Internet access and don’t click on links online or in emails unless you’ve checked they’re genuine.
- If you don’t already have it, consider cyber insurance. While everything else you do is to protect your system and data, cyber insurance protects you against financial loss and a damaged reputation.
I hope 2019 is a cyber-safe year for you! And if you’d like to discuss cyber insurance, please get in touch.